To change the max SQL text monitored configuration parameter:
Make sure that Adaptive Server is running and Monitor Server is not running.
Change the max SQL text monitored parameter using either of the following methods:
Using Sybase Central
1. Select the appropriate Adaptive Server folder.
2. From the File menu, choose Configure.
3. In the scroll box, find the entry for max SQL text monitored. In the Value column, change the number to the desired number of bytes of SQL text to save per client connection.
4. Click OK. The new value appears in the Pending column until you restart Adaptive Server.
1. Open an isql connection to the appropriate Adaptive Server.
2. In isql, issue the following commands:
1> sp_configure "max SQL text monitored", number 2> go
where number is the desired number of bytes of SQL text to save per client connection.
Stop and restart Adaptive Server, and verify that it starts correctly.
Start Monitor Server, and verify that it starts correctly.
To verify that Monitor Server has started correctly, run isql with the following command:
isql -Uusername -Ppassword -Smonitor_server
where username is the name specified with the -U parameter when starting the Monitor Server, and password is that user’s password.
Execute the following isql statements:
1> sms_status server 2> go
You should see the following output showing the name of the Adaptive Server that Monitor Server is monitoring:
Server Name ---------------------------------- AdaptiveServerName